(Revised: 02/2021)

Refund claims may be issued in the event fees or other payments collected and deposited by an agency/department are subsequently determined to be erroneous or more than the amount due.  Agencies/departments will present refund claims to the State Controller’s Office on the Claim Schedule form, STD. 218 (Continuous) or a voucher from FI$Cal. The claim will contain the claimant/payee, the statutory authority for the refunds, and a statement of the reason for refunding each claim. 

See the procedures in SAM sections 8240, 8422.301, 8422.50, and 8422.6 relating to refunds of income, remittance advice, claim corrections, and delivery of warrants.

Search Entire Manual

Print Entire SAM Manual