State Administrative Manual (SAM)
The State Administrative Manual (SAM) is a reference resource created by the California Department of General Services.
The State Administrative Manual (SAM) is a reference resource for statewide policies, procedures, requirements and information developed and issued by authoring agencies which include the Governor's Office, Department of Finance (DOF), Department of Human Resources (CalHR), Department of General Services (DGS), and the California Department of Technology (CDT).
In order to provide a uniform approach to statewide management policy, the contents are published under the authority of the Directors of DOF and DGS.
- Changes Since Last Revision Summary document is available upon request
- Revision History files are available upon request
- List of available revision histories
Please email SAMUnit@dgs.ca.gov to request the above documents
Please check your "JUNK MAIL" for the confirmation email if it's not in your "INBOX".
- DGS SAM Form 237 - This form is available on the statewide forms inventory website. Please click HERE to access the file directly.
- SAM Revision Summary Template - This document template is available upon request from SAMUnit@dgs.ca.gov