The Department of General Services (DGS) serves as the business manager for the state of California providing a variety of innovative services to state agencies through procurement and acquisition solutions, real estate management and design, environmentally friendly transportation, professional printing, administrative hearings, legal services, building standards, and more.
Headquartered in West Sacramento, just over the river from Downtown Sacramento, DGS is a destination employer.
6 Reasons to Join the DGS Team
- You will make an impact! DGS is an extremely unique organization and offers some of the most diverse business services for the state of California.
- We offer exceptional benefits packages, competitive salaries, and strong pension plans.
- Your talent, experience, and expertise are valued. We encourage professional development and provide defined career paths and promote opportunities for advancement!
- Diversity matters! DGS supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- We encourage work-life balance and embrace telework and flexible schedules.
- We are constantly raising the bar! DGS strives for excellence in the business of government and sets yearly strategic goals to consistently improve the way California does business.
Benefits of Working for the State of California
The state of California offers a wide variety of careers and jobs, ranging from accounting to engineering. The services our employees provide are truly essential to the people of California. In public service, you will spend every day doing work that is vital to your state and your community.
The state of California offers its employees generous benefits that include retirement and savings plans, health and dental insurance for the whole family, and access to long-term disability and long-term care insurance. You will also earn vacation and sick leave and may be able to create a flexible schedule that fits the demands of your life.
We want to help you build a career from the ground up. The state provides on-the-job training and professional development, and many positions do not require previous experience or a degree. Advancement opportunities are open to you, and you maintain your benefits if you switch jobs or state departments.
If you are interested in becoming part of a diverse workforce where talent, experience, and expertise are valued, DGS invites you to apply for the employment opportunities below.
DGS Vacancies by Specialty
The Office of Administrative Hearings is an independent state agency that provides both adjudication and alternative dispute resolution services between individuals and government agencies. Their mission is to provide a neutral forum for fair and independent resolution of administrative matters, ensuring due process and respecting the dignity of all.
The State of California is the fifth-largest economy in the world. Do you want to drive real change? Are you an innovator? A proven leader? Be a manager at DGS!
How to Apply
Taking an examination is part of the selection process across state service. See what type of examinations are available.
Career Executive Assignment (CEA)
Department General Services
Office of Human Resources
West Sacramento, CA 95605