Special Education Hearing and Mediation Calendar
Use the information below to search the Special Education calendar for hearing and mediation information.
Below are the instructions for searching by each of the three categories. Although all three are available, the most reliable results will be obtained by using the case number as the search will result in only those dates for that single case.
To access the Calendar, please visit the OAH Web Calendar application at https://www.applications.dgs.ca.gov/OAH/OAHCalendarWeb/SpecialEducation.
How to search the hearing and mediation calendars (click on each step for additional information)
Search the calendar by Hearing Date, Case Number, or School District
- To search by Hearing Date: Click on the “Hearing Date” option and enter in the blank field the date in numerical format. For example, April 18, 2018, should be entered as 4/18/18 or 4/18/2018.
- To search by Case Number: Click on the “Case Number” option and enter the case number in the blank field.
- To search by School District: Click on the “School District” option and enter the name of the school district in the blank field. The full name of the school district is not needed. For example, San Juan Unified School District dates will appear even if you only type in the field “San Juan”.
Click Run, which is immediately below the date field.This will search for hearings under the parameters you have entered.
A list of all the hearings AND mediations for that date will appear in the following format:
Case Number: XXXXXXXXXX Hearing Type: (This will be “Hearing” or “Mediation”)
Case Status: Open Case Days Open: (Number)
Case File Date: (Date) Case Closed Date: (Usually blank)
Decision Issued Date: (Blank unless a decisions has been issued)
Agency Name: Department of Education – Special Education Division
Case Name: Student (The name will not appear)
School District: (Name of the school district)
Hearing Date: (This should be the same date as your search date) Time: (Date)
Judge Assigned to Hearing: (Name of Judge) Court Reporter: (blank)
Assigned Office: (OAH’s regional office assigned to this case)
Additional Calendar Related Resources
Scheduling Guide – This document provides the general guidelines OAH follows for setting mediations, prehearing conferences, mediations and status conferences for Special Education cases. For example, prehearing conferences are set on Monday and Friday only at specific times; and mediations are held Monday through Friday and, except for Los Angeles Unified School District, will be set at 9:30 a.m.
OAH's Special Education Division will be closed on the following holidays in 2019:
- New Year's Day - January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - January 21
- President's Day - February 18
- Cesar Chavez Day - April 1
- Memorial Day - May 27
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - September 2
- Veteran's Day (Observed) - November 11
- Thanksgiving Holidays - November 28 - November 29
- Christmas Day - December 25
ALJ Staff Meetings and Training Days - No hearings or prehearing conferences will be held during the mornings of the following days:
- Monday, January 7
- Monday, February 4
- Monday, February 28 through Friday, March 1
- Monday, March 4
- Monday April 8
- Monday, May 6
- Monday, June 3
- Monday, July 8
- Monday, August 5
- Monday, September 9
- Monday, October 7
- Monday, November 4
- Monday, December 9
Having trouble finding your case dates?
Or contact OAH at (916) 263-0880