Attend Public Vehicle Auctions
The next Surplus Automotive Auction in Davis, California will be Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
All vehicles may be inspected on the morning of the auction from 7:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. Auctions start promptly at 9:00 a.m.
To receive email notification of upcoming vehicle and mobile equipment auctions, subscribe your email address to the Attend Public Vehicle Auctions page.
- Fill out Bidder Data Sheet
- Turn in Bidder Data Sheet at the office to receive your bidder card.
- Choose and bid items carefully - All vehicles and lot items are "AS IS," "WHERE IS." There are no warranties (expressed or implied), adjustments, repairs, refunds, or exchanges.
- Display your bidder card clearly to the auctioneer when making a bid.
- Items may be inspected only during the inspection period - 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- When inspecting vehicles - do not move or put transmission into gear,
- Please return bidder card before you leave.
Note: New bidders (or those who have not obtained a bidder paddle in a while) will need to show photo identification to register for a bidder paddle.
- VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Cashier's or Certified Checks, and Money Orders are the only accepted forms of payment.
- Proceed to office to pay for purchases
- You may also obtain your bid amount total (for a check) at the office.
- A $10 administrative fee will be added to each item purchased.
- State sales tax, if applicable, will be collected at the time of payment.
- Make all checks payable to the DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES.
- Payment may be made until 3:30 p.m. the day of the auction, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday.
- No cash will be accepted under any circumstances.
All vehicles and lot items are sold "AS IS," WHERE IS." There are no warranties (expressed or implied), adjustments, repairs, refunds, or exchanges. By bidding, buyer agree to indemnify and hold harmless the State of California from any and all damages, injuries, and/or causes of action which may involve any equipment, tools, or other goods occurring subsequent to the date of this sale. All smog related repairs and certifications are the sole responsibility of the buyer (refer to California Vehicle Code division 12, section 24007.5).
Vehicles must be picked up within FIVE (5) working days following the auction. Auction lot hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding State Holidays).
All items must be removed from the auction facility at purchaser's sole cost and risk. At no time will auction staff or equipment be used to assist in loading, starting or moving items from the auction site.
Purchaser will accept any and all liabilities for damages to persons or property while removing items purchased.
Vehicles/items not picked up will be towed and stored at buyer's expense.
All Vehicles will be issued a moving permit upon payment. Certificates of Title will be issued to purchasers for vehicles sold "WITH DOCUMENTS." all vehicles sold "WITHOUT DOCUMENTS" must be towed from the auction lot, a "JUNK" receipt will be issued to the purchaser, and a "SALVAGED" title will be issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
All vehicles identified "DO NOT DRIVE - MUST TOW" cannot be driven and must be towed off the auction lot.
If purchaser fails to pay for an item, a $1,000.00 deposit (Cashier's Check) will be required for future auctions. Deposited amount will be refunded if no purchase is made or applied to the item purchased. Full payment must be received for item purchased by the cashiering schedule below, or deposit will be forfeited, and item returned for the next auction.
All vehicles and lot items are sold “as is” and all sales are final.
Department of General Services
Office of Fleet and Asset Management
Davis, CA 95618
Public Auctions of state surplus vehicles and mobile equipment are held at the Davis Auction Yard located behind the CalFire Equipment facility.
Phone: (530) 757-6832
Fax: (530) 757-1064
Or, contact the Surplus Property Manager, Steve Paul