It is the policy of the Department of General Services (DGS) to comply with the applicable rules and regulations when applying pay differential.
Pay differentials are based on a qualifying pay criteria for special competencies or working conditions such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Recruitment and retention
- Professional or educational certification
- Work location or shift assignment
- Performance-based pay
- Temporary responsibilities
- Special license, skills, or training
- Incentive-based pay
- Other special pay
The following table depicts the roles and responsibilities when requesting pay differential.
|Employee Resource Liaison (ERL)||
Note: ERL will review all classifications for potential pay differentials.
|Classification & Pay Analyst||
Note: C&P analyst will review all classifications for potential pay differentials.
Responsible Control Agencies
- California Department of Human Resources
- Department of Finance
Laws and Regulations
- CalHR Rule 599.674, 599.676
Other Resource Materials
Department of General Services
Office of Human Resources
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Contact your assigned Classification and Pay Analyst.