Voluntary resignation takes place when an employee, of his/her own accord, chooses to cease his/her appointment to a Department of General Services position or separate from State service.
The table below depicts the roles and responsibilities when an employee ceases employment with DGS or separates from State service.
|Employee Resource Liaison||
Responsible Control Agencies
- California Department of Human Resources
- State Personnel Board
Laws and Regulations
- CalHR Rule 599.825-.826, 599.995
- Government Code section 19996.1(a), 19140
- SPB Rule 445-446, 448, 548.145
- Section 6.4 of SPB Laws & Rules
Department of General Services
Office of Human Resources
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Contact your assigned Classification and Pay Analyst.