Start or Join State Employee Carpool
State employees who are interested in starting or joining a carpool service to and from work with other state employees must go through the Office of Fleet and Asset Management’s Parking Administration Unit (PAU).
To start a carpool complete the OFAM 73 Carpool Parking Agreement (Interactive PDF), and bring it to the Parking Administration Unit. If the carpool is an update to an already existing parker’s status all that is required is the OFAM 73. If the carpool is attempting to obtain a new parking space, the carpool primary will need to submit the OFAM 73 along with a completed OFAM 112 Parking Agreement (Interactive PDF).
Please note that a carpool DOES NOT qualify the carpool to bypass the parking lottery.
The following criteria must be met in order to be considered a carpool.
- All persons must be of legal driving age.
- Carpools consist of two or more persons sharing a vehicle to and from work.
- An OFAM 73 Carpool Parking Agreement (Interactive PDF), must be completed by all carpool members.
- All persons must park within a five (5) block radius of their work site.
- All carpool members must be state employees.
Department of General Services
Office of Fleet and Asset Management
Sacramento, CA 95814
Toll Free: (844) 832-5423
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday (excluding state holidays)
In case of emergencies, contact:
For Afterhours Emergencies contact: 911 (fire, theft, safety concerns)
For afterhours or weekend lock-outs (or locked in garage) contact: (714) 858-8558 Manager’s phone number: (916) 204-3637
For Vandalism and/or Suspicious Activity contact the CA Highway Patrol (CHP): (916) 445-2895