CASp Code Discussion Group
The CASp Code Discussion Group (CCDG) meets monthly for Certified Access Specialists, design professionals, and code enforcers to discuss various aspects of the California Building Code and federal accessibility standards.
The Division of the State Architect offers a monthly CASp Code Discussion Group (CCDG) meeting for Certified Access Specialists (CASp), design professionals, and code enforcers to discuss various aspects of the California Building Code (CBC) and federal accessibility standards.
Sessions are held on the third Wednesday of every month, from 11:30 am to 12:40 pm. For CASps, one CBC-specific continuing education credit is offered for a minimum of one-hour attendance.
Join the discussion on Blackboard Collaborate web-conferencing system.
BLACKBOARD COLLABORATE INSTRUCTIONS
BLACKBOARD MEETING LINK
Use the following Blackboard Collaborate link to access CCDG webinars:
Request for real-time captioning or other special accommodations should be directed to Jessica Axtman at (916) 324-8911 or by email at email@example.com no later than 3 working days before the meeting date.
The Certified Access Specialist (CASp) is required to retain proof of participation by official documentation of completion. The CASp may audit the records during your certification renewal application process to verify the completion of Continuing Education Units (CEU) requirements.
CASp CODE DISCUSSION GROUP CEUs
The CCDG offers one FREE CEU for a minimum of one-hour participation within the scheduled meeting times. You will need to keep a record of the month and year of your attendance. Please include your CASp certification number in your login name if you plan to use your attendance for your CASp CEU.
ACCESSIBILITY ONLINE CEUs
Accessibility Online offers one FREE online CEU for CASp Certification Maintenance Webinar Series provided by Great Lakes Americans with Disabilities Act Center.
- May 7, 2020 Session – Using the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Architectural Barriers Act (ABA) Standards Series: Chapter 4: Accessible Routes.
- For further information visit www.accessibilityonline.org/training.
FAIR HOUSING ACCESSIBILITY FIRST CEUs
Fair Housing Accessibility First offers a FREE live all-day Fair Housing Association (FHA) Policy training. Fair Housing Accessibility First encourages interested individuals to register for this live training event as it is expected to be offered online.
- April 21, 2020 Session – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm in San Jose, CA.
- For further information visit www.fairhousingfirst.org/training/calendar.html.
January 15 | John Wodatch
- Session materials will be made available soon.
February 19 | Bill Botten
March 23 | Cris C. Vaughan, CASp, ADAC, PA, Attorney at Law
April 15 | Jim Terry, AIA, CASp of Evan Terry Associates
- Part II of Applying Seven ADA Concepts, Plus Rules for Furniture and Equipment (PDF)
- 1 AIA Continuing Education Unit (CEU); 1 California Architects Board CEU; 1 CASp Equivalent Activity Credit (EAC)
May 20 | Scott Windley, Access Board Member
- Common Errors and Omissions Power Point Presentation
- A PDF of the presentation will be available after May’s CASp CONNECT meeting.
June 17 | N/A
- No session scheduled for this month.
July 15 | Bill Hecker
August 19 | Susan Moe, Division of the State Architect, Access Compliance
September 16 | Susan Moe, Division of the State Architect, Access Compliance
October 21 | Susan Moe, Division of the State Architect, Access Compliance
November 18 | Marsha Mazz
December 16 | TBA
- Common Errors and Omissions Power Point Presentation Presented by USAB Member Scott J. Windley