Access Career Technical Education Facilities Funding
Qualifying school districts and joint powers authorities that have a need for the construction of new facilities, modernization or reconfiguration of existing facilities, and equipment to integrate Career Technical Education into comprehensive high schools can locate funding opportunities under this service.
About this Service
Career Technical Education (CTE) provides a program of study that involves a multi-year sequence of courses that integrates core academic knowledge with technical and occupational knowledge to provide students with a pathway to postsecondary education and careers. Applications for this service can only be submitted when the State Allocation Board (SAB) establishes funding cycles for the Career Technical Education Facilities Program (CTEFP). Currently, the SAB has established a fifth CTEFP funding cycle; please refer to the following for specific details:
- The applicant submits a Grant Application to the California Department of Education (CDE) by October 19, 2018.
- The CTE plans must be reviewed by the CDE, contain all mandatory elements required by the CDE, and have received a score of at least 105 points to be eligible for funding.
- Upon receipt of a passing score, the applicant may submit the Form SAB 50-10, Career Technical Education Facility Funding, (Rev. 10/14), to the Office of Public School Construction (OPSC) by close of business February 15, 2019.
Information guides and resources
- 50-10 Online Submittal (Link)
- CTEFP Frequently Asked Questions
- CTEFP Application Submittal Requirements
- Construction Cost Estimate Template
- Procedures for SFP Funding
- Architect's Submittal Guidelines (ADA)
- CTE Framework (Link)
- California Department of Education's website (Link)
- OPSC/CDE Joint Agency Presentation
- OPSC/CDE Sacramento Workshop
- DSA Presentation
- Presentation on Additional Grant for Site Development Costs (PPT)
- New Procedures for School Facility Program Funding
- National Center for Education Statistics (Link)
- How to Determine Your Locale
Office of Public School Construction707 Third St
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Phone: (916) 375-4815Email: OPSCCTEFP@dgs.ca.gov