Holiday and State Payroll Calendars
State employees can access the current year's holiday schedule and state payroll calendars.
2020 Holiday Schedule - Excluded Employees (See Bargaining Unit Contract for represented employees.)
- Wednesday, January 1 - New Year's Day
- Monday, January 20 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, February 17 - Presidents' Day
- Tuesday, March 31 - Cesar Chavez Day
- Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day
- Saturday, July 4 - Independence Day*
- Monday, September 7 - Labor Day
- Wednesday, November 11, Veteran's Day
- Thursday, November 26, Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 27, Day after Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 25, Christmas Day
*When a holiday falls on a Saturday, Holiday Credit provisions apply.
**When a holiday falls on a Sunday, it is observed the following Monday.
In addition to the holidays listed, excluded employees receive one personal holiday per Fiscal Year.
State Payroll Calendar
Department of General Services
Office of Human Resources
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Contact your assigned Personnel Specialist.