Leasing and Planning General Information for State Agencies
Real Estate Leasing and Planning Section (RELPS) can be a great resource for personnel training opportunities and for information on maintaining your current lease by utilizing our Lease Management Unit.
Facilities Development Overview (FDO) Training
The Real Estate Services Division (RESD) is offering its Facilities Development Overview training class to interested customers. RESD has developed this seminar to provide improved coordination between RESD and its customer agencies and to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, quality, and timeliness of the delivery of our services. It is specifically intended for state personnel directly involved with RESD in the planning and development of leased and state-owned facilities.
Listed below are some of the topics covered in the seminar.
- Initiating the transaction CRUISE.
- Site Selection-Lease Negotiations.
- Planning the Site/Space.
- Execution of Lease.
- Lease Management and Special Projects.
- Alternative Officing.
- Alterations and Furnishings.
- State Owned Facilities.
- Amendments & Terminations.
- Delegation of Leases.
We have received positive feedback from customers who have attended our program in the past and we feel confident that all facilities and administrative personnel can benefit from this training.
This training is now offered virtually and will consist of two consecutive days, offered 4 times per year.
Class schedule runs from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Class Schedule for 2022:
- January 19-20
- March 23-24
- June 22-23
- September 21-22
Lease Management Unit
The Lease Management Unit maintains the entire lease portfolio of over 1,800 leases throughout California. Lease Management's mission is to ensure lease compliance and continued tenant-able quarters through the lease term.
- Ensuring lease compliance and enforcement of both building owners and state tenants throughout the lease term
- Administering the provisions of any lease escalation provisions or other rental adjustments
- Reviewing, approving and distributing lease change documents, such as changes of ownership, address, or management
- Handling and resolving various premises problems concerning repair and maintenance
- Issuing special notifications to agencies or lessors, such as asbestos or energy conservation guidelines and notifications
- Problem solving techniques for facility problems
Lease Management Unit Contact Information
To determine who the portfolio manager is for your lease.
Please view our RELPS Contact Page.
For more information, please visit Leasing Commercial Real Estate for Your Agency.
FDO Training Contact
For more information or problems with online registration, contact:
Classes fill up quickly, so please register early. This is a service RESD provides at no charge to our customers.
Please be considerate and notify us ASAP, if you have registered and cannot attend the class.