Who can file a Protest against a Proposed Award?

Any bidder who has submitted a bid for any State of California solicitation for which an “Intent to Award” has been posted, and would like to protest the award must follow the state regulations and policies for filing protests of award. The Dispute Resolution Unit facilitates and mediates resolution of Protests of Award, and Contract Disputes relative to the acquisition of Non-IT Goods, and IT Goods and Services.

Types of Disputes

  • Protests and complaints against solicitation requirements - for IT and Non-IT Goods

  • Protests against proposed awards

  • Contract disputes and related issues

File a protest against a Proposed Award

Find out more about


Dispute Resolution Unit

Department of General Services
Procurement Division

707 Third Street, Second Floor
West Sacramento, CA 95605

Business Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm