Store State-owned Property at Warehouse
Agencies can store their property at the state’s Transit Storage Warehouse that offers quality supplemental storage at competitive rates.
Transit Storage Form
- OFAM 56 Transit Storage form (Interactive PDF) Rev 12/2019
Included in the low rate offered through the Transit Storage Program is free local delivery of paper products to destinations in the Sacramento area.
Out of town shipments or items other than paper products can be accommodated. Transit Storage will complete the bill of lading and contact a Department of General Services (DGS) Transportation Management approved carrier, chosen to provide you with the best service and freight rate. These charges will be included with your monthly Transit Storage invoice.
Items can be accessed any time during normal business hours. Call for an appointment to arrange to have material waiting for you. Transit Storage can also accommodate special needs after hours.
$0.44 cents per cubic foot per month with a $5.00 minimum -- Or $23.01 per pallet.
Items requiring High Security storage are $0.46 cents per cubic foot. Note: Transit Storage employees will pre-approve these high value or specialized items before delivery to the facility.
If an agency removes all their material from Transit Storage, the agency will incur shipping charges even if local.
- Short and long term storage with no access fees or hidden charges.
- Warehouse alarm system plus a high security storage area with 24 hour video monitoring
- Variety of warehouse arrangements: open floor space, drive-in pallet racking, storage vaults, etc… with bar coded inventory
- Bar-coded inventory
- No access fees
- Free delivery of paper products to destinations in the local Sacramento area.
- OFAM 56 Transit Storage order requests can be faxed; once received and approved, product will be shipped.
- Complete shipment paperwork including bill of lading and contacting a State of California, Transportation Management approved carrier services for out of town shipments.
- Receive your materials directly from your supplier by appointment only, unless a pre-arrangement has been made.
- Access items during shipping and receiving hours with 48 hour advance notice. Making an appointment guarantees that your items will be ready.
- Accommodations can be made for needs outside of shipping and receiving hours by making prior arrangements with Transit Storage staff.
Department of General Services
Office of Fleet and Asset Managment
Sacramento, CA 95834
Transit Storage Warehouse is located behind the Office of Fleet and Asset Management (OFAM), Surplus Property and Reutilization (SPR) headquarters
Receiving and Shipping Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding state holidays.
Note: Deliveries are not accepted on dates of Public Auctions. Call ahead to coordinate deliveries or if you have any questions or concerns.