Enroll to Use State Fleet Card for Fuel Purchases
To participate in the WEX Fuel Card Program, State of California agencies and local governmental agencies (e.g. cities, counties, special districts, school districts, etc.) must be enrolled.
- How to Enroll and Participate in the WEX Fleet Card Program (State and Local Governmental agencies)
- SAM Section 4108
- State Fleet Card Oversight Usage and Responsibilities
- DGS Fleet Card Program Manual
- How to use the WEX Fleet Card (Policy and Procedures)
24-hour emergency roadside assistance is provided by National Automobile Club.
- To receive roadside service:
- Call 1.866.329.3471
- You must provide the 15-digit number embossed on the vehicle’s WEX card (do NOT provide the PIN)
related to the WEX Fuel Card ProgramContract Information and Communications
The State Fleet Card (WEX) is presently administered by WEX and is accepted at over 10,500 retail locations throughout California. To find locations that accept the WEX Card, you can now download the WEX Mobile App, available from the Apple and Google Play stores.
Department of General Services
Office of Fleet and Asset Management
Sacramento, CA 95834
The State of California, Department of General Services (DGS) and WEX Bank. (WEX) have entered into a contract for the services of a fuel card payment system. This agreement replaces the current fuel card contract between DGS and US Bank (Voyager), which expires 06/30/2021. A copy of the new agreement can be viewed at the DGS Cal eProcure website at: www.caleprocure.ca.gov. For question on enrolling in the new contract please contact DGS Fleet Operations Manager Eric Mayes at 916-928-2575 or Eric.Mayes@dgs.ca.gov.