Electric Vehicle Charging Guide
Learn where to find and how to use electric vehicle charging stations.
Where to find Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
The Department of General Services (DGS) is pleased to announce the updated Zero-Emission Vehicle Parking and Pricing Policy, which offers several incentives to state employee monthly parking customers who drive a battery electric vehicle, a plug-in-hybrid electric vehicle, or a fuel cell vehicle.
Currently, the Department of General Services contracts with Charge Point for electric vehicle charging stations. For general information, including setting up a Charge Point account, please visit the Charge Point website.
View DGS EV Charging Stations in a larger map (placeholder)
- State Parking Lot 14 - 1517 13th Street, Sacramento (8 charging stations)
- State Parking Lot 24 - 1500 10th Street, Sacramento (4 charging stations)
- DGS headquarters parking facility - 707 3rd Street, West Sacramento (2 charging stations) *This site not covered under the electric vehicle parking discount.
Not Publicly Accessible (dedicated employee parking)
- State Parking Lot 55 - 800 Q Street, Sacramento (5 charging stations)
- State Parking Lot 50 - 1517 11th Street, Sacramento (5 charging stations)
- East End Complex/Department of Health Services 1500 Capitol Mall, Sacramento (4 charging stations)
- 1501 Capitol Mall, Sacramento (6 charging stations)
- 1615 Capitol Mall, Sacramento (6 charging stations)
- 1616 Capitol Mall, Sacramento (4 charging stations)
- Department of Education - 1430 N Street, Sacramento (7 charging stations)
- Attorney General's Office - 1300 I Street, Sacramento (5 charging stations)
- State Garage - 1416 10th Street, Sacramento (4 charging stations)
Check availability of additional EV Charging Stations.
How to use Electric Vehicle Charging Station
In an effort to promote the use of Electric Vehicle’s, the Department of General Services (DGS) has acquired Electric Vehicle Charging Stations through a contracted vendor (ChargePoint) and has placed them in several of the DGS managed parking facilities.
The DGS is pleased to make these stations available to State employees while at work and to the General Public, where feasible.
If you are the driver of an electric vehicle and you are interested in charging your vehicle in one of the DGS parking facilities, you may charge your vehicle using one of the three methods below:
Charging station use
Use your existing ChargePoint accountUse your existing ChargePoint account (if you do not have an existing account, and you would like to establish one, you may either contact ChargePoint directly at chargepoint.net or contact the DGS parking Unit for a ChargePoint card and brochure).
Use your credit cardUse your contactless credit (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover) card to initiate charging.
Call the toll free number
Call the toll free number (888) 758-4389 just prior to your charging session to obtain over the phone credit card authorization. ChargePoint also offers an app where our customers can utilize their iPhone, Android or Blackberry to begin their charging session.
To start a charging session
ParkPark your electric vehicle (EV) in a designated EV charging station. Tap your Charge Point Card or contactless credit card on the station’s reader symbol.
AuthorizeWhen your card is authorized, the station displays a message indicating that you can remove the connector from the holster and plug it into your vehicle.
ChargeThe station will display a message indicating that the vehicle is charging.
To stop a charging session
Tap your Charge Point Card or contactless credit card on the station’s reader symbol.
The station will display a message indicating that the charging has finished and to return the connector to is holster.
Display charging duration
The station will display the charging duration and cost (if any) of your charging session.
Because charging stations are limited, the DGS requires that you move your EV to a standard parking space to allow another EV driver the opportunity to charge their vehicle when you have charged for 4 hours, or when your vehicle is fully charged, whichever comes first.
Department of General Services
Office of Fleet and Asset Management
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (844) 832-5423
or you may contact ChargePoint directly at chargepoint.net or (888) 758-4389