CASp Code Discussion Group
An open group of individuals who meet to discuss the work of certified access specialists and accessibility standards.
The Division of the State Architect offers a monthly CASp Code Discussion Group (CCDG) meeting for Certified Access Specialists (CASp), design professionals, and code enforcers to discuss various aspects of the California Building Code (CBC) and federal accessibility standards. Sessions are held on the third Wednesday of every month, from 11:30 am to 12:40 pm. For CASps, one CBC-specific continuing education credit is offered for a minimum of one-hour attendance.
Join the discussion on Blackboard Collaborate web-conferencing system or you may participate in person at DSA Headquarters, located at 1102 Q Street, Suite 5100, Sacramento, CA 95811.
Send us discussion topic ideas or code-related questions with images, if available, that you would like the group to discuss.
The meeting facilities are accessible. Requests for real-time captioning or other special accommodations should be directed to Jessica Axtman at (916) 324-8911 or by email to Jessica.Axtman@dgs.ca.gov no later than three working days before the meeting date.
- January 15, 2020 – John Wodatch
- February 19, 2020 – Bill Botten (U.S. Access Board Swimming Pools and Play Areas Presentation (PDF))
- March 18, 2020 – Cris Vaughan
- April 15, 2020 – Jim Terry
- May 20, 2020 – Scott Windley
- June 17, 2020 – No Meeting This Day
- July 15, 2020 – Bill Hecker
- August 19, 2020 – Susan Moe
- September 16, 2020 – Susan Moe
- October 21, 2020 – Susan Moe
- November 18, 2020 – Marsha Mazz
- December 16, 2020 – TBA