Certified Access Specialist Program – 45-Day Public Comment Period Now Open
Government Code Section 4459.5 authorizes the State Architect to adopt the proposed regulation, which would implement, interpret, or make specific Section 4459.5 through 4459.8 of the Government Code.
Title 21, Division 1, Chapter 1, Subchapter 2.5 of the California Code of Regulations is the set of rules used for the voluntary Certified Access Specialist (CASp) Program. The Division of the State Architect (DSA) issues the following proposed amendments to the regulations:
- Establish a new eligibility criteria for Program participation.
- Changes content requirements for disability access certificate record.
- Reduces fees for examination, certification and certification renewal.
Office of Administrative Law (OAL) requires agency to make notice and to provide all related documents for public review. The following rulemaking files are posted on the CASp Program Regulation Development webpage and are open for review and comment:
- Notice of Proposed Action
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Express Terms of Title 21
- Standard Form 399 Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement
- CASp Program Examination, Certification, and Practice Standards Handbook
- Form DSA 600-A: Candidate Eligibility Application
- Form DSA 600-R: CASp Certification Renewal Application
- Form DSA 601: CASp Examination Registration
- ADA Test Accommodation(s) Guidelines for the CASp Examination
- Form DSA 602: Test Accommodation(s) Request
- Form DSA 603: CASp Test Accommodation(s) Request Questionnaire
- Form DSA 650: Disclosure of Social Security Number and/or Federal Taxpayer Identification Number
The public comment period is open through Feb. 1, 2021. DSA will consider only comments received at DSA by that time. Any interested person may submit written comments relevant to the proposed regulatory action to DSA. Submit comments to:
Division of the State Architect
1102 Q Street, Suite 5100
Sacramento, CA 95811
Attention: Debbie Wong
Or email to: