eSignature Toolkit for Acquisitions
State agencies interested in implementing eSignature can use the information in this toolkit to assist in their planning and implementation efforts.
- Develop eSignature internal policy in accordance with Management Memo 18-03, SAM 1240, and SCM Vol. 1, 2, 3, & F.
- Create a roles and responsibility matrix.
- Gather business requirements and develop business process map and procedures (STD 213 Process Flow).
- Develop Security Procedures and coordinate review with SCO.
- Request approval for any STD form modifications or alternate form formats from the Forms Management Center (FMC) using the FMC 98 form.
- Select eSignature solution that fits business, security, legal and FMC requirements. Some options can be found on the CDT Vendor Subscription Site or the software licensing program (SLP).
DGS selected Intelledox as our eForm tool, and DocuSign as our eSignature tool. These tools work in collaboration with Service Now for the customer interface, as well as FI$Cal as the system of record. The following documents provide a high-level overview of how DGS automated the STD 213 contract process:
Statewide Forms Manager
Department of General Services
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Main Line: (916) 375-4216