Because each department manages its own travel program, policies may differ by department.  Contact your Travel Program Coordinator for more information.

For lodging reimbursement rates, visit the CalHR website. 

Travel Arrangements

  • Per Management Memo #14-03 (PDF), all state agencies are required to make all travel arrangements, including lodging, through the Department of General Services' Statewide Travel Program. (Refer to SAM 4117)
  • Utilize Concur Travel for all of your travel needs.  This online booking tool maintains a database of over 85,000 hotels that includes state rates when available. 
  • In addition, the DGS administers the Green Lodging Program.  Currently, there are a variety of certified "green" hotels in California.  For the listing, visit the Green Lodging Directory.  Always verify the state rate with the selected hotel.

How to Pay

To hold a reservation, use your Citibank individual government card or your own personal credit card; then following your department policy, submit a travel expense claim for reimbursement.  For information on the Citibank individual government card, contact your department Travel Program Coordinator.
For group reservations and for centrally-billed lodging, contact your department Travel Program Coordinator.