Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I'm interested in leasing space in my building to the State of California, how do I get started?
A: DGS has a webpage which explains the leasing process and requirements when leasing space to the State of California at the following link:

Q: Where can I find all the State's advertisements for leasing space in my area?

You can view all of the State's current advertisements for space needs in the Bid Sync website by clicking the link following this paragraph.  To narrow your search for projects posted by RELPS, type the word "lease" (without the quotes) in the Search box and click the "Search" button:
Q: I'm a Contractor, how do I get a job on a lease project?
The Lessor/Building Owner(s) has sole discretion on who to hire for construction work. All contracts are made directly with the Lessor/Building Owner(s) and not with the State.

Q: Where can I find information on prevailing wages?
Please contact the Department of Industrial Relations at the following link:

Q: Where can I find information on the Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) program?

A: You can find information regarding the DVBE program and our leases requirements at the following link:

Q: I'm a Lessor currently leasing space to the State, or a State agency tenant currently occupying space, who do I contact regarding our lease?
All DGS leases have contact information contained in the lease with a phone, fax and mailing address. If you do not have the lease readily available you can locate your appropriate contact at the following link: