Environmental Services Section (ESS)
Daniel O'Brien, Chief
The Environmental Services Section (ESS) has extensive experience in the preparation and management of environmental documents (environmental impact reports/statements, etc.) as required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). ESS staff have prepared and managed environmental documents on a broad range of projects such as institutional facilities (offices, fire stations, hospitals, armories, correctional facilities, etc.), infrastructure improvements (water and wastewater facilities, lakes, stream bed restoration, security systems, telecommunication, etc.), environmental restoration, and regulatory programs.
Specialized services include:
- Prepare and manage Environmental Review and Planning documents and CEQA and NEPA processes.
- Development permits and/or consultation with environmental agencies for wetlands, waste discharge, endangered species, stream crossings, and traffic studies.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Environmental site assessments and hazardous waste studies and monitoring
- Site suitability studies as part of site selection and acquisition.
- Assistance with community planning meetings and public involvement.
- Environmental resources and site development studies.
- Cultural resource and historical resource consultation and site surveys.