Project Management and Development Branch
Energy and Environmental Services
Howard Sacks, PE
Capital Outlay Program Manager
707 3rd Street, 4th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95605
Energy Retrofits and Environmental Services
Energy Retrofit Unit
In response to AB-32 and Executive Order B-18-12, DGS developed the Statewide Energy Retrofit Program to assist state agencies in meeting the reduction requirements for greenhouse emissions and grid-based electricity purchases. This budget-neutral program was designed to develop and implement energy conservation measures with no upfront capital expenditure required of the participating state agency. DGS has identified and developed several loan funding sources to finance the projects at very low interest rates, and the projects are structured such that the guaranteed annual energy savings offset the debt service on the loan.
Environmental Services Unit
The Environmental Services Unit has extensive experience in the preparation and management of environmental studies and documents (environmental impact reports/statements, etc.) as required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and regulatory agencies. ESU staff have prepared and managed environmental studies on a broad range of projects such as institutional facilities (offices, fire stations, hospitals, armories, correctional facilities, etc.), infrastructure improvements (water and wastewater facilities, lakes, stream bed restoration, security systems, telecommunication, etc.), environmental restoration, and regulatory programs.
Specialized services include:
- Prepare and manage Environmental Review and Planning documents and CEQA and NEPA processes.
- Development permits and/or consultation with environmental agencies for wetlands, waste discharge, endangered species, stream crossings, and traffic studies.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Environmental site assessments and hazardous materials investigation, remediation and monitoring
- Site suitability studies as part of site selection and acquisition.
- Assistance with community planning meetings and public involvement.
- Environmental resources and site development studies.
- Cultural resource and historical resource consultation and site surveys.
- Assistance on project planning, budgeting and site acquisition.
Environmental Services Staff:
Stephanie Coleman, Sr Environmental Planner (916) 376-1602 Stephanie.Coleman@dgs.ca.gov
Patricia Kelly, Senior Environmental Planner (916) 376-1609 Patricia.Kelly@dgs.ca.gov
Valerie Namba, Senior Environmental Planner (916) 376-1607 Valerie.Namba@dgs.ca.gov
Jennifer Parson, Senior Environmental Planner (916) 376-1604 Jennifer.Parson@dgs.ca.gov