(EMMP) Equipment Maintenance Management Insurance Program
The Office of Risk and Insurance Management has implemented an insurance based “Equipment Maintenance Management Insurance Program” (EMMP) that replaces existing equipment manufacturer and third party service contracts and enables departments to reduce the annual cost of maintaining equipment by 25%, improve service performance and enhance tracking of maintenance events and costs. This program is managed through The REMI Group (REMI).
- Cost Reduction - reduces your current maintenance contract cost by 25%.
- Vendor Control - Keep your current service provider or let The REMI Group help you locate qualified, responsive service provider.
- Equipment Tracking – REMI’s on-line system (REMI Online) allows you to easily access information including covered equipment schedules, coverage, detailed maintenance history and many other reports pertaining to the program.
- Single Point-of-Contact: Provides you with one toll-free number to call for service. Call 866.296.4847 to request service on your equipment.
The program covers all equipment that is primarily electronic in nature, such as:
- Office Automation Equipment (Copiers / Multi-Function / Fax Machines)
- Audio/Visual Systems
- Mailing Systems
- Security Systems
- Information Technology Systems
- Telephone and Voicemail Systems
- PC’s, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, Plotters
- Other equipment may also be enrolled, feel free to ask if your equipment is eligible.
To receive a quote, send copies of the following documentation to the Office of Risk and Insurance Management, 707 3rd Street, 1st Floor, Room 1-330, West Sacramento, CA 95605, or by fax 916.376.5275:
- Copies of actual service contracts with current pricing and terms & conditions. This will allow REMI to match the customized coverage you currently have on each piece of equipment and provide you with an accurate maintenance coverage quotation.
- If you do not have current service contracts, please send a list of the equipment you would like quoted with the manufacturer and model numbers, item number, serial number, purchase number and location. Download and use the pre-formatted template (EXCEL).
The REMI Group will analyze your current service contracts and develop a customized proposal specifying equipment coverage and cost savings within seven (7) business days.
For additional information, please contact:
(Associate Risk Analyst)
(Staff Risk Manager - Insurance Services)
Link to EMMP Program Instructions
Link to EMMP Webinar May 31 2012
Link to EMMP ORIM Quote Template
Link to EMMP REMI Typical Equipment Covered
Link to Implementation Memo
Link to EMMP Reference Guide
Link to Toner Replacement Guide