Defensive Driver Training (DDT) – Online
Click on Picture to Begin Training
IMPORTANT: Disable Pop-up Blocker and Enable Cookies
* * * Now Available in Closed Caption here. * * *
Defensive Driver Training (DDT) - Online
All state employees who frequently drive on state business should successfully complete an approved defensive driver training course at least once every four (4) years, in accordance with the State Administrative Manual (SAM) Section 0751 & 0752. This online DDT fulfills these SAM sections.
- Is free of charge
- Requires no registration
- Takes between 2-2.5 hours to complete
- Contains of 11 modules consisting of slides, videos, and narration
- A script is available upon request.
After completion of each module, the student is required to participate in a short assessment in order to advance to the next module; completing a final assessment at the end. Students will then be provided with instructions for completion of a Self-Certification Acknowledgement Certificate.
To operate the Defensive Driver Online Training, please ensure that you meet the following system requirements:
- Web Browser (Microsoft Explorer preferred, not required)
- Adobe Products:
- Flash Player (latest version preferred, not required)
- Acrobat Reader (version 8 or newer)
- Free download versions of the Adobe products can be found at www.adobe.com
- Disable Pop-Up Blockers
- Enable Cookies
As stipulated in Management Memo 11-04 (PDF), State agencies must annually complete and submit the Annual State Agency Defensive Driver Training Report (PDF) by September 1 to ORIM for the preceding Fiscal Year (FY).
For comments, questions, or suggestions contact us at: DDT@dgs.ca.gov.
Additional Driver Courses:
Office of Risk and Insurance Management (ORIM) will continue to offer Van Driver, Behind the Wheel, and One-on-One driver training courses. Visit the DGS Training Registration System Website for ORIM course information.