The Office of Public School Construction (OPSC) and the Education Audit Appeals Panel (EAAP) are conducting free workshops to provide information to Certified Public Accountant (CPA) audit firms and Local Educational Agencies regarding the new performance audit process which began on July 1, 2018 for School Facility Program (SFP) projects funded on or after April 1, 2017, as required by Education Code Section 41024.
Audit training will be provided related to audit procedures to perform and audit reports to prepare with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), also known as Yellow Book, performance audit standards and the audit instructions contained in the “2018-19 Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting – Appendix B” contained on the California Education Audit Appeals Panel website (www.eaap.ca.gov). CPAs who attend the training will receive 4 hours of continuing professional education (CPE).
- Introduction/Outline of the new performance audit process
- Using OPSC’s website as a tool in completing performance audits
- Examples of necessary performance audit procedures for a standard SFP close-out audit
- Training and discussion related to additional performance audit procedures needed for non-standard audits/programs, including Savings, Reduction to Costs Incurred, Financial Hardship, Career Technical Education, Charter School Facilities, and the Unfunded List.
The workshop will include a presentation session and a question & answer session.
If you would like to register for these free workshops, please use the links below or visit OPSC’s website. Seating is limited.
· Monday, January 7, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Los Angeles County
o Los Angeles County Office of Education
12830 Columbia Way, Downey, CA 90242
o 120 seats available - Register Now
· Wednesday, January 16, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Yolo County
o Department of General Service Headquarters – Auditorium (Webcast)
707 Third Street, West Sacramento, CA 95605
o State Controller’s Office (SCO) will also be presenting
o 150 seats available - Register Now
· Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - San Diego County
o San Diego County Office of Education – East County Regional Education Center – SELPA Conference Room, 924 East Main Street, El Cajon, CA 92021
o 60 seats available - Register Now
K12 Audit Workshop Presentation
The Office of Public School Construction (OPSC) is conducting a free workshop to provide information on the availability of state funding to help Local Educational Agencies address their facility needs. There will also be an opportunity for small school districts to directly address concerns and receive assistance.
Topics include the following:
- Overview of the School Facility Program application process
- Grant Agreements
- Career Technical Education Facilities Program Filing Rounds
- The Full-Day Kindergarten Facilities Grant Program
This workshop will include a presentation by OPSC, a question & answer session, and breakout opportunities for school districts with more unique circumstances. If you would like to register for this free workshop, please use the link below or visit OPSC's website.
· Thursday, November 15, 2018 – 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Sonoma County
o Sonoma County Office of Education
5340 Skylane Boulevard, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
o Register Now
Below are copies of the presentation and handouts from previous workshops this year.