The Office of Public School Construction (OPSC), the Division of the State Architect (DSA), and the California Department of Education (CDE) are conducting free workshops to provide information on school planning, design, and the availability of state funding to help Local Educational Agencies address their facility needs. These funds are from the recently passed Proposition 51. There will also be an opportunity for small school districts to directly address concerns and receive assistance.
- Master planning and educational specifications
- The process and requirements for each agency
- Grant Agreements
- Application processes moving forward
- Career Technical Educational Facilities Filing Rounds
These workshops will include a presentation by the agencies, a question & answer session, and breakout opportunities for school districts with more unique circumstances.
If you would like to register for these free workshops, please use the links below or visit OPSC’s website.
· Friday, April 20, 2018 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Auburn, CA
o Placer County Office of Education, Annex Building – Nobili Room – 365 Nevada Street, Auburn, CA 95603
o Register Now
· Monday, May 7, 2018 – 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Redding, CA
o Shasta County Office of Education – 1644 Magnolia Avenue, Redding, CA 96001
o Register Now
Below are copies of the presentation and handouts from previous workshops this year.
Career Technical Education Facilities Program Workshop
The Office of Public School Construction and the California Department of Education (CDE) conducted a free workshop to provide information on how to access Career Technical Education Facilities Program funding. $500 million was recently made available through the passage of Proposition 51.
- Career Technical Education Facilities Filing Round Info
- CDE Grant Application Process
- OPSC Funding Application Process
The workshop included a presentation by the agencies, a question & answer session, and breakout opportunities for applicants (School Districts, County Offices of Education and Joint Power Authorities) with more unique circumstances.