Office of Public School Construction
Department of General Services
707 Third Street, 6th Floor
West Sacramento, California 95605
Note: Hand deliveries for OPSC should be taken to the reception desk on the sixth floor.
Main Line: 916-376-1771
About the Office of Public School Construction (OPSC)
The OPSC is under the authority of the state of California’s Department of General Services. As staff to the State Allocation Board (SAB) the OPSC implements and administers a $42 billion voter-approved school facilities construction program. Its responsibilities include the following:
- Processing and funding school facility construction grant applications
- Assisting school districts throughout the life cycle of a school facilities construction project
- Auditing school facility construction project expenditures
- Accounting and reconciliation functions
- Providing administrative support for the SAB
- Preparing regulations, policies and procedures in order to carry out the mandates of the SAB
The OPSC prepares agendas for the SAB meetings to keep record of all past and present SAB actions. Stakeholders use the agenda to track the progress of specific projects and/or availability of funds. The State Controller's Office uses the agenda for the appropriate release of funds.