Effective immediately, the Department of General Services (DGS), Office of Fleet and Asset Management (OFAM) can no longer accept American Express (AMEX) as a payment method. This action affects the following:
- Payment for personal property acquired at the Surplus Property auction, 1700 National Drive, Sacramento, CA 95834.
- Payment for personal property acquired at the DGS OFAM vehicle and equipment auction yard. 5950 Chiles Road, Davis CA. 95618.
- Initial payment for State Employee Parking.
- Payments for Van Pool program.
- Payment for short term, non-State Employee, Contractor Parking.
- Payment for parking by a State Employee while out on extended leave such as maternity or medical leave where a warrant is not issued.
These restriction must be adhered to until OFAM has a valid payment mechanism in place for AMEX. Notification will be sent once the merchant acceptance agreement is available.