Motion To Continue

Instructions for submitting a continuance motion by non-represented respondents

  1. Telephone the representative of the complaining party and get new hearing dates on which you both agree.  Put these dates on your continuance form.
  2. Fully complete the continuance motion.  You may complete the form on line and print it, or you may print the form and complete it by hand.
  3. Sign and date the form.
  4. Mail or fax the continuance request to the Presiding Judge of the appropriate regional office of the Office of Administrative Hearings.
    • The Los Angeles office fax number is: 916.376.6324
    • The Oakland office fax number is: 916.376.6323
    • The Sacramento office fax number is:916.376.6349
    • The San Diego office fax number is: 916.376.6325
    • If you are not sure in which office your case will be heard, enter the case number below and hit the submit button.
  5. Mail or fax a copy of the continuance request to the representative of the complaining party. if you are not sure who that it, look on the first page of the accusation/statement of issues or on the notice of hearing.

For further information regarding continuances of administrative hearings before the Office of Administrative Hearings see Government Code section 11524 (outside link, new window) and California Code of Regulations, title 1, section 1020.

Motion To Continue Form

What's New

Google Translate