SB 1469 (Chapter 747, Statutes of 2000) provided that certain relocatable buildings with a commercial coach insignia of approval from the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) could continue to be used for school purposes if they were retrofitted in accordance with stated requirements. The bill required school districts to certify to DSA that these HCD buildings comply with the requirements, and, thus, can continue to be used for school purposes until a specified period of time.
Subsequent legislation, SB 1324 (Chapter 308, Statutes of 2006) required the governing board of the school district to adopt a resolution by October 30, 2015, certifying to the State Allocation Board that commencing September 30, 2015, these HCD buildings are no longer being used as school buildings. On or around January 18, 2013, the Office of Public School Construction (OPSC), as staff to the State Allocation Board, issued a letter to all school districts informing them of the requirements of SB 1324.
To determine if HCD buildings were previously reported to DSA, as part of SB 1469 program, school districts may contact OPSC to obtain copies of available SB 1469 Certification of Compliance documents. Any HCD buildings reported by districts are subject to the requirements of SB 1324 and must be certified as “no longer in use for school purposes” by September 30, 2015.
The DSA no longer administers the program to certify the use of DOH/HCD buildings for school purposes. Forms DSA 122 (PDF - 362 KB) and DSA 123 (PDF - 230 KB) were used by the DSA, when it administered the SB 1469 program, to capture Inspector report information and issue certificates of compliance. These forms are inactive and are no longer carried on the DSA forms page.
For more information on how to comply with SB 1324, please contact the OPSC at 916-376-1771.