Note: For current versions of these documents, see the Interpretation of Regulations (IR) or DSA Publications page.
- IR 17-1: Sampling and Testing of Structural Materials
Interpretations of code requirements for the roles and responsibilities of materials testing laboratories. Originally issued as CR 17-1.
- IR 17-2: Nondestructive Testing (N.D.T.) of Welds
Clarifies the minimum requirements for Laboratory Evaluation and Acceptance facilities performing NDT. Originally issued as CR 17-2.
- IR 17-3: Structural Welding Inspection; 2007 and 2010 CBC
- IR 17-3.01: Structural Welding Inspection; 2001 CBC
Clarify the minimum requirements and responsibilities for personnel conducting structural welding inspection.
- IR 17-4: Basics of Structural Tests and Special Inspections
Clarifies general structural test and special inspection requirements for projects under DSA jurisdiction.
- IR 17-5: Structural Testing Laboratory Responsibilities
Clarifies structural test requirements for projects under DSA jurisdiction.
- IR 17-6: Structural Special Inspector Duties and Responsibilities
Clarifies special inspector duties and responsibilities for projects under DSA jurisdiction.
- IR 17-7: Soil and Foundation Testing
Clarifies structural test requirements for soil and foundation aspects of projects under DSA jurisdiction. This IR does not apply to the initial soil investigation or project design phase.
- Bulletin 07-03: Defective Product Alert: Structural Tube Steel
It has come to DSA's attention that there are seam weld issues with some structural tube steel being fabricated for California school construction projects. In an effort to alert concerned parties, and investigate the scope and magnitude of the problem, DSA has issued this Bulletin.
Pictures of some defective welds discovered in DSA's investigation so far are available.