Current lot where the P Street office building project will be located.
Location: The proposed P Street Office Building Project would be located on the block bounded by 7th and 8th Streets and O and P Streets (referred to as the P Street Block), in downtown Sacramento. The block is currently occupied by a surface parking lot and the historic Heilbron House.
Summary: This project includes the construction of an approximately 800,000 gross square foot. The building will include office, assembly, storage, building support, limited parking, and commercial food service space.
Of this amount, approximately 700,000 - 750,000 gross square feet will be office space with an expected building capacity of thousands of employees. It is anticipated that the building will house staff from the following: California Natural Resources Agency, the Department of Water Resources, the Department of Parks and Recreation, the Department of Fish and Wildlife, the Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, the California Conservation Corps, and the Wildlife Conservation Board.
- Proposed zero net energy and LEED Silver building
- Proposed retail space
- Approximately 800,000 gross square feet
- Space for 3,000 - 3,500 employees
Milestones since July 1, 2016
- DGS issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a master architect on July 1, 2016. DGS reissued the RFQ on Sept. 1 after only receiving two proposals. DGS selected ARUP on Dec. 1, 2016.
- DGS issued a RFQ for a CEQA firm on July 1, 2016 and selected Ascent Environmental on Nov. 15, 2016.
- DGS Issued the Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report on Dec. 14, 2016
- DGS held a scoping meeting with interested stakeholders on Jan. 12, 2017.
- DGS Issued an RFQ for Construction Management Services on Aug. 9, 2016. On Dec. 2 DGS selected AECOM.
- DOF submitted the planning activities funding report to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee on Sept. 21, 2017.
- DGS will seek to formally establish the projects with the Public Works Board in Q1 2017.
- Ascent Environmental will finalize the draft Environmental Impact Report.
- ARUP will finalize the performance criteria.
- DGS will issue an RFQ/RFP for design build firms and select the design-build firm.