Site of the new O Street office building.
Location: Corner of 12th and O Street
Summary: This project includes demolition of the existing vacant California Department of Food and Agriculture Annex building, abatement and removal of all asbestos and lead materials, and construction of a 10-story office building at 1215 O Street in Sacramento.
The new building will be approximately 339,000 total gross square feet, and will include office, assembly, storage, building support, parking, and commercial food service space. Of this amount, approximately 255,000 gross square feet will be office space with an expected building capacity of 1,150 employees. It is anticipated that the building will house staff from the Health and Human Services Agency, the Department of State Hospitals, and the Department of Developmental Services.
- Proposed zero net energy and LEED Silver building
- Proposed office building with retail and assembly space
- Approximately 339,000 gross square feet
- Space for up to 1,150 employees
Milestones since July 1, 2016
- DGS issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a Master Architect on July 1, 2016 and selected Hammel, Green and Abrahamson (HGA) a contract on Oct. 20.
- DGS issued a RFQ for a CEQA firm on July 1, 2016 and selected Ascent Environmental on Oct. 20, 2016.
- DGS Issued the Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report on Dec. 14, 2016
- DGS held a scoping meeting with interested stakeholders on Jan. 12, 2017.
- DGS Issued an RFQ for Construction Management Services on Aug. 9, 2016. On Nov. 23 DGS selected Kitchell.
- DOF submitted the planning activities funding report to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee on Sept. 21, 2017.
- DGS will seek to formally establish the projects with the Public Works Board in Q1 2017.
- Ascent Environmental will finalize the Draft Environmental Impact Report.
- HGA will finalize the performance criteria.
- DGS will issue an RFQ/RFP for design build firms and select the design-build firm.