We serve as good stewards of state resources and help “green” government.
For 2017, DGS’ strategic goals are those initiatives that impact our customers. These strategic goals are SMART: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound.
Building Standards Commission
29. Promote for adoption mandatory and voluntary green building standards for water conservation and other sustainable building practices.
Office of Fleet and Asset Management
30. Use the life cycle replacement methodology developed in 2016 to create, adopt and implement new statewide vehicle replacement standards.
Office of Risk and Insurance Management
31. Develop a sustainable long-term natural gas program strategy that balances budget and delivery certainty with price stability while searching for opportunities to increase the use of cleaner natural gas.
Office of State Publishing
32. Implement Phase 2 of the OSP space consolidation project and reduce physical printing plant space of the main plant by 50 percent.
Office of Sustainability
33. Install 30 megawatts (MW) of solar power at state facilities in 2017 to contribute toward an overall goal of 100 MW installed in state facilities by 2020.
34. Develop a comprehensive recycling policy and implement integrated recycling programs in 58 DGS-owned buildings.
35. Implement governor’s zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) action plan goals by assessing total number of parking spots statewide and installing 840 Level 1 and 65 Level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in state parking facilities.*
36. Reduce energy usage in existing state facilities by 2 million kilowatt hours (kWh) as Phase 1 of a three-year project for a total of 25 million kWh reduction.
37. Publish an online Sustainability Policies and Best Practices Manual for state agencies.
38. Complete a zero net energy (ZNE) policy for state facilities and deliver training to client agencies.
Real Estate Services Division
39. Develop and implement a ZNE preliminary screening process to identify “ZNE-likely” projects and ensure that all contracts for budget packages for these projects evaluate ZNE feasibility and costs.
*Goal carried over from 2016