The Office of Sustainability (OS) is responsible for coordinating and developing DGS’ policies to reduce California’s environmental footprint by greening the state’s buildings, fleet, and other purchases and practices.
- Install 30 megawatts (MW) of solar power at state facilities in 2017 to contribute toward an overall goal of 100 MW installed in state facilities by 2020.
- Develop a comprehensive recycling policy and implement integrated recycling programs in 58 DGS-owned buildings.
- Implement governor’s zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) action plan goals by assessing total number of parking spots statewide and installing 840 Level 1 and 65 Level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in state parking facilities.*
- Reduce energy usage in existing state facilities by 2 million kilowatt hours (kWh) as Phase 1 of a three-year project for a total of 25 million kWh reduction.
- Publish an online Sustainability Policies and Best Practices Manual for state agencies.
- Complete a zero net energy (ZNE) policy for state facilities and deliver training to client agencies.
*Goal carried over from 2016
View the 2017 Strategic Plan Booklet here.