The Office of Human Resources (OHR) provides services in the areas of recruitment, hiring, benefits and pay transactions, employee training and development, and constructive intervention.
- Develop and implement a recruiting strategy including prioritization of target classifications, effective methods for recruitment based on classification, and an implementation timeline.
- Develop a training program for DGS managers and supervisors that identifies desired core competencies and a plan to cultivate them in the workplace.
- Implement the new Individual Development Plan process developed by the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR).
- Develop and execute training for DGS personnel liaisons.
- Modernize and update the promotional paths for classifications within DGS by office.
View the 2017 Strategic Plan Booklet here.