The Facilities Management Division (FMD) oversees building management and administration, operations, maintenance, janitorial, groundskeeping, and repair services.
- Implement a new facility improvement process including a comprehensive way to identify, prioritize, track and complete facility projects.*
- Establish a statewide tenant workgroup to improve ongoing maintenance and facility improvement services provided in state buildings.*
- Develop and implement a new methodology for cost estimation.
- Implement a new process for delivering projects in the Direct Construction Unit.
- Increase yearly DGS building inspection rate from approximately 60 percent to 100 percent in 2017.
- Improve percentage completion of safety training to 90 percent or better. Complete 100 percent Illness and Injury Prevention Plans.
- Establish new and improved processes for office building managers for budgets, intake process and independent purchasing.
- Clearly define the roles and responsibilities within FMD in light of its new organizational structure.
- Implement improvements and standardize the FMD internal procurement and contracting processes.
*Goal carried over from 2016
View the 2017 Strategic Plan Booklet here.