The Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) hears administrative disputes for state, local and county agencies, including special education due process hearings and mediation for school districts and parents of children with special education needs.
See full-screen video here.
- Implement a comprehensive tracking system for hearing processes and establish/refine process time goals by step.
- Establish a process/system to regularly publish process times by step.
- Issue decisions on time in 90 percent of cases for the General Jurisdiction Division.
- Issue late decisions within 15 calendar days of the due date in 90 percent of cases for the General Jurisdiction Division.
- Issue decisions on time in 98 percent of cases for the Special Education Division.