The Office of Public School Construction (OPSC), the Division of the State Architect (DSA), and the California Department of Education (CDE) are conducting free workshops to provide information on school planning, design, and the availability of state funding to help Local Educational Agencies address their facility needs. These funds are from the recently passed Proposition 51. There will also be an opportunity for small school districts to directly address concerns and receive assistance.
Small School District Workshops
- Master planning and educational specifications
- The process and requirements for each agency
- Grant Agreements
- Application processes moving forward
- Career Technical Educational Facilities Filing Rounds
These workshops will include a presentation by the agencies, a question & answer session, and breakout opportunities for school districts with more unique circumstances.
If you would like to register for these free workshops, please use the links below or visit OPSC’s website.
Thursday, July 26, 2018 – 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Imperial County
- Imperial County Office of Education – Ferrar Leadership Center. 1398 Sperber Road, El Centro, CA 92243
- Register Now
Friday, July 27, 2018 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – San Diego County
- San Diego County Office of Education – North Regional Education Center. 255 Pico Avenue, San Marcos, CA 92074
- Register Now
Below are copies of the presentation and handouts from previous workshops this year.
Career Technical Education Facilities Program Workshop
The Office of Public School Construction (OPSC), the Division of the State Architect (DSA) and the California Department of Education (CDE) conducted free workshops to provide information on how to access Career Technical Education Facilities Program funding. $500 million was recently made available through the passage of Proposition 51.
- Career Technical Educational Facilities Filing Round Info
- CDE Grant Application Process
- OPSC Funding Application Process
- DSA Plan Approval Process
The workshops included a presentation by the agencies, a question & answer session, and breakout opportunities for applicants (School Districts, County Offices of Education and Joint Power Authorities) with more unique circumstances.